Thank you for considering donating your unwanted goods to Emmaus Brighton & Hove.
Below is a list of the items that we can accept (“Yes please”), and those that we are unable to take for various reasons (“No thanks”). If you are unsure as to whether your donations are suitable, or to arrange a collection, please speak to a member of our collections team on 01273 426 480, who will be happy to help you.
Once you're familiar with what we can and cannot accept, please fill in the form at the bottom of the page.
Yes please (items we can accept)
- Good quality furniture
- Soft furnishings: Beds, mattresses, sofas. These must have a valid Fire Safety label still attached to each item (see below)
- Bric a brac: China, glassware and kitchenware
- Books: Good condition paperbacks, coffee table books, hardbacks, academic, rare, collectors and children’s and we love any 1st editions
- Textiles: Curtains, household linens, fabric, and clothes
- Garden: Garden tools, plants (& cuttings), wheel barrows etc
- Arts & crafts: Sewing machines, wool, fabric, art supplies etc
- Small musical instruments
- Plus records, CDs & DVDs
No thanks (items we cannot accept)
- Electrical items
- Gas appliances (we are not Corgi registered)
- Foam backed carpets (fall apart)
- Pianos (Health and Safety issue. Too heavy for our van crews to move safely)
- Upholstered furniture (anything with foam) without correct label. Including headboards, sofas, chairs, footstools (We must meet all legal and Trading standards requirements — items must comply with the 1988 or 1993 furniture regulations)
- Flat packed furniture (Bits get separated or broken, and items become unsaleable)
- Safety equipment: crash helmets (we cannot test and guarantee the integrity of these items)
- Soft toys and games that do not have CE labels (items without CE label do not meet legal requirements)
- Large wall units (Too large for most properties, no demand)
- Gas bottles, paint, paraffin, petrol, aerosols or other flammable substance (Health & Safety)
- Inflatable items such as dinghies, mattresses, swimming aids
- Baby equipment, cots, prams, highchairs, walkers, car seats, etc
- Any other item that is not in a saleable or fit condition to be sold
Please fill in the form below to tell us what you will be donating.
Items in bold and marked * are required.