Calling all Emmaus supporters! Not enough people know about Emmaus.
Not enough people know about Emmaus, and we need your help to put that right.
A recent casual poll in central Brighton produced shocking results. Although people who’d visited our Portslade and Southwick sites were big fans, around half the people we spoke to had never heard of us, even those who’d lived in the area for many years.
We realise much of this is due to location. But we’re barely 20 minutes from the centre of town, and it’s so easy to reach us, either by car or on the no 1 bus (no 2 for the Southwick shop). So obviously, we just need to let more people know we’re here and what we have to offer. Which is where you come in.
Could you help us with any of the following?
- Put some Emmaus flyers through letterboxes in your area (we can post you a bunch) or ask your local pub/café/ shop if you can leave some there.
- Put up an Emmaus poster in your workplace, playgroup or community hall
- Invite us to give a talk. We’re happy to arrange events for any social, professional or business groups. Or you can arrange to bring your group to us.
- Ask your local school if they’d like us to come in and talk to the kids
- Organise a “Donate Don’t Dump” drive at your place of work, and get staff to bring in unwanted clothes and bric-a-brac. We’ll arrange to collect it for you.
- Check on the website for upcoming events and bring along your friends and family
- Social media fans can share on Facebook or tweet about us.
Or, if you can think of any other ideas, we’d love to hear from you. If you need publicity material, information or advice, please contact Joel@emmausbrighton.co.uk.