Autumn has arrived with a flourish in the Greenhouse @ Emmaus Brighton, with everything you need for the new season.
As the leaves and the conkers begin to fall, our grounds are looking stunning and our garden shop is bursting at the seams with plants and gardening goods in a selection of Autumn shades – rich coppers, burnt oranges and dusky pinks.
Here’s just some of what you’ll find in our conservatory and on the terrace:
- Garden essentials – Tools and plant pots for autumn chores.
- Vegetables grown by volunteers on our community allotment.
- Cosy blankets, cushions and throws in soft wools, velvets and cottons.
- Wellies and gloves to keep hands and feet snug.
- Bags of pine cones for decorating and crafting.
- Chairs and tables for cool autumn evenings on the garden and patio.
- Autumnal plants – a glorious range of ferns, cyclamen, conifers and trees.
- Faux and dried flowers, foliage and seed heads in autumn hues.
- Daffodil bulbs – plant them now for blooms next spring.
- Spider plants, succulents and a range of donated house plants for indoors.
- Baskets, lanterns and tea light holders to decorate the home and garden for the season.
- Colourful glass vases, copper jugs, plus our pick of vintage crockery and homewares.
And for the armchair gardener – we have 2nd hand gardening books on every horticultural subject you can imagine, most priced at just 50p or £1. PLUS - take your pick from hundreds of donated gardening magazines – yours to take away for free.
Don’t forget, we are always looking for donations of good quality plants and gardening items to keep our shop stocked, so please drop any unwanted items in or give us a call on 01273 426 480 if you need us to collect larger items.
In the spirit of the season we look forward to welcoming Shoreham College who will be bringing us their Harvest Festival collection next week.
And it’s hard to believe, but preparations are already well underway for our Christmas Fair which will wind down a wonderful year as we’ve celebrated our 20th birthday throughout 2017. The fair will be held on Saturday 2nd December at our Portslade site – pop the date in your diaries now and remember that, as usual, we will have Christmas trees available to buy on the day and throughout December while stocks last.