Volunteer in Outfit@Emmaus
Would you be interested in joining us to help sort (and sell) tonnes of good quality secondhand clothing?
Would you be interested in joining us to help sort (and sell) tonnes of good quality secondhand clothing, including vintage, retro, shoes, bags, haberdashery and jewellery ?
Location: The old chapel, Emmaus Brighton & Hove, Drove Road, Portslade, BN41 2PA
End Date: ongoing
Summary of tasks:
- Offering a warm welcome to all our visitors and customers
- Receiving and sorting donations of clothing and accessories
- Preparing items for sale. Hanging, steaming and pricing
- Identify high end labels
- Replenishing and rotating stock in accordance with our policies and procedures
- Taking payments for goods using our EPOS till system (although this is not a requirement).
- Processing Gift Aid donations, and encouraging customers to Gift Aid
- Opportunities to help out at special events
- Interested/experienced in retail
- Loves clothes/fashion
- Must be a people person and respectful to others
- Able to work on their own or in a small team
- Can do attitude
- Good communication
- Volunteers must share our values
We are looking for volunteers that can commit to at least one half day per week we are very flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
- As an Emmaus Brighton volunteer you will be given a full induction
- We will provide training, including Health & Safety
- We offer an opportunity to develop your skills and experience and improve your CV
- We will pay for volunteer travel expenses
- We will provide you with lunch with our Community if you volunteer four or more hours on the day that you volunteer.
- Help to build your confidence
- Be part of a vibrant Community
Please complete and return our Volunteer Application Form.