Thank you for considering donating your unwanted goods to Emmaus Brighton & Hove.
21 May 2020
We are still closed to the public so unable to accept any donations at this time. Check out our news page and Facebook for our latest news.
Please note we are not operating ‘as normal’ and are having to adapt how we work to ensure the safety of our Community members and the public in these uncertain times.
- Please note we are unable to offer a collection service at this time.
- Check before you travel that we are accepting donations.
- You can drop off small items at the lower gate on Drove Road.
- We are temporally having to say no to donations of toys, games and CD’s
- Please follow our social distancing measures and instructions when dropping off your donations.
- Please be patient if you have to queue to drop off your donations
Below is a list of the items that we can accept (“Yes please”), and those that we are unable to take for various reasons (“No thanks”). If you are unsure as to whether your donations are suitable, or to arrange a collection, please speak to a member of our collections team on 01273 426 480, who will be happy to help you.
Once you're familiar with what we can and cannot accept, please fill in the form at the bottom of the page.
Yes please (items that we can accept)
- Good quality furniture
- Soft furnishings: Beds, mattresses, sofas. These must have a valid Fire Safety label still attached to each item (see below)
- Bric a brac: China, glassware and kitchenware
- Books: Good condition paperbacks, coffee table books, hardbacks, academic, rare, collectors and children’s and we love any 1st editions
- Textiles: Curtains, household linens, fabric, and clothes
- Garden: Garden tools, plants (& cuttings), wheelbarrows etc
- Arts & crafts: wool, fabric, art supplies etc
- Small musical instruments
- Plus records & DVDs
No thanks (items we cannot accept)
- Anything not fit for sale
- Toys and games
- Electrical items
- Duvets and pillows
- Oversized/heavy furniture
- Exercise equipment
- Inflatable items such as dinghies, mattresses, swimming aids
- Baby equipment, cots, prams, highchairs, walkers, car seats, etc
- Gas appliances (we are not Corgi registered)
- Foam backed carpets (fall apart)
- Pianos (Health and Safety issue. Too heavy for our van crews to move safely)
- Upholstered furniture (anything with foam) without correct label. Including headboards, sofas, chairs, footstools (We must meet all legal and Trading standards requirements — items must comply with the 1988 or 1993 furniture regulations)
- Flat packed furniture (Bits get separated or broken, and items become unsaleable)
- Safety equipment: crash helmets (we cannot test and guarantee the integrity of these items)
- Corner units
- TV stands/cabinets
- Display Cabinets
- Hi Fi cabinets
- Large wall units (Too large for most properties, no demand)
- Bathroom and Kitchen Fittings such as sinks and showers,
- Gas bottles, paint, paraffin, petrol, aerosols or other flammable substance (Health & Safety)
- Any other item that is not in a saleable or fit condition to be sold
Please fill in the form below to tell us what you will be donating. If possible, please send us photographs of the furniture you wish to donated. Collections@emmausbrighton.co.uk .
Items in bold and marked * are required.