This page was last updated on Saturday 20th October
- You can drop off small items at the lower gate on Drove Road.
- Check before you travel that we are accepting donations.
- Please follow our social distancing measures and instructions when dropping off your donations.
- Please be patient if you have to queue to drop off your donations
- Please note we offer ground floor doorstep delivery and collection only at this time.
Below is a list of the items that we can accept (“Yes please”), and those that we are unable to take for various reasons (“No thanks”). If you are unsure as to whether your donations are suitable, or to arrange a collection, please speak to a member of our collections team on 01273 426 480, who will be happy to help you.
Once you're familiar with what we can and cannot accept, please fill in the form at the bottom of the page.
Yes please (items that we can accept from Tuesday 20th - Saturday 24th October)
- Good quality hard furniture, including sofa's and armchairs. These must have a valid Fire Safety label still attached to each item (see below)
- Bric a brac: China, glassware and kitchenware
- Garden: Garden tools, plants (& cuttings), wheelbarrows etc
No thanks (items that we cannot accept for now)
- Beds, mattresses
- Toys and games
- DVDs & CDs
- Clothing and accessories
- Linen, bedding, pillows and cushions
- Small musical instruments
- Arts & crafts supplies
- Glass tv units
- Vinyl records
No thanks (items that we never accept)
- Anything not fit for sale
- Electrical items
- Oversized/heavy furniture
- Exercise equipment
- Inflatable items such as dinghies, mattresses, swimming aids
- Baby equipment, cots, prams, highchairs, walkers, car seats, etc
- Gas appliances (we are not Corgi registered)
- Foam backed carpets (fall apart)
- Pianos (Health and Safety issue. Too heavy for our van crews to move safely)
- Upholstered furniture (anything with foam) without correct label. Including headboards, sofas, chairs, footstools (We must meet all legal and Trading standards requirements — items must comply with the 1988 or 1993 furniture regulations)
- Flat packed furniture (Bits get separated or broken, and items become unsaleable)
- Safety equipment: crash helmets (we cannot test and guarantee the integrity of these items)
- Corner units
- TV stands/cabinets
- Display Cabinets
- Hi Fi cabinets
- Large wall units (Too large for most properties, no demand)
- Bathroom and Kitchen Fittings such as sinks and showers,
- Gas bottles, paint, paraffin, petrol, aerosols or other flammable substance (Health & Safety)
- Any other item that is not in a saleable or fit condition to be sold
Please fill in the form below to tell us what you will be donating. If possible, please send us photographs of the furniture you wish to donated. Collections@emmausbrighton.co.uk .
Items in bold and marked * are required.